View Single Post
Old 07-23-2013, 03:28 PM   #8 (permalink)
Fountainhead
Track Member

Drives: 2019 Civic Type R
Fountainhead has much to be proud ofFountainhead has much to be proud ofFountainhead has much to be proud ofFountainhead has much to be proud ofFountainhead has much to be proud ofFountainhead has much to be proud ofFountainhead has much to be proud ofFountainhead has much to be proud of

Hi Brutal 370Z, congratulations on your 50K milestone! Have you had any issues at all with the CSC? Honestly if I had known about the CSC before I bought (my fault) I probably would have sacrificed and gotten an AT7.

I love my Z, just wish I could drive it like I want to. Call me a worry wart but I drive around all the time conserving clutch cycles, shifting gently, constantly refreshing the Clutch Fluid every time it gets dark in the reservoir, trying to stay below 4K rpm, etc.

Just wish I could enjoy this beautiful car instead of the nagging feeling of the "waiting for the other shoe to drop" and the clutch CSC goes belly up. Of course I'm only at 14.4K miles so its probably gonna be a while but nonetheless its a constant nag.

I know I'm paranoid. I'm not a 20 something daredevil that's challenging the clutch to fail... It's not like I can't lift it up, yank the tranny and change the CSC but WHEN will it give out, what time of night etc....guess I should follow my own advice and just change it now on my terms instead of the failure sneaking up on me.

From reading the forum I'm sure I'm not the only one that feels this way - maybe a small minority but since I've been following this forum I see CSC hitting folks chronically. Nothing I can do about it but now I'm ending this rant.
Fountainhead is offline   Reply With Quote