View Single Post
Old 07-23-2013, 11:45 AM   #35 (permalink)
synolimit
A True Z Fanatic

Drives: 2013 Silver 370z
synolimit has a reputation beyond reputesynolimit has a reputation beyond reputesynolimit has a reputation beyond reputesynolimit has a reputation beyond reputesynolimit has a reputation beyond reputesynolimit has a reputation beyond reputesynolimit has a reputation beyond reputesynolimit has a reputation beyond reputesynolimit has a reputation beyond reputesynolimit has a reputation beyond reputesynolimit has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mitco39 View Post
The problem is is that the tank has 2 chambers or a saddle so to speak. Take a hard right and all the fuel will spill over into the left saddle. The pump will sit there in the right saddle and wont be able to prime itself. It has a transfer system to suck fuel back over to the right side but as you know you need a bit of fuel on the right side to begin with to be able to get enough suction.
I've seen the pics inside. With 7 dots the hump isn't big enough to not allow some of the fuel to go back over I'd think. I've seen the tube also on the left side which should bring some back so i don't know. Not saying this is a myth, but more time, more primes?