View Single Post
Old 07-23-2013, 11:25 AM   #16 (permalink)
Coon-azz
Track Member

Drives: '12 370z Sport DD
Coon-azz will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shadezz View Post
Great!!! Post a pic of the washers that you used so others canbe sure when they order. Glad you are happy with the setup and give another week for the ecu and she'll be good to go.
Absolutely...I also am making notes on the pictures from the DIY we took. There are a few key things to know about how the set up gets installed that we learned from trial and error. For example, the rear rubber hangers have to get flipped from the stock position to get the exhaust not to hit the rear bumper and stuff like that. On my car, the rear rubber hangers were "rubber down" (picture to follow). When we install them the same way on this system, the rear tips hit the rear bumper. When we flipped the rubber hangers, "rubber up" the exhaust lined up perfectly for me.

There were other areas of feedback too. Like the bolts that came with the Y pipe: were way too short to go threw both the stock cats and the new Y pipe flange; and the holes were off alignment by 1/8 of an inch. We chalked this up to the fact that Beluga has no idea what you are going to connect it to. I made the holes in the Y pipes just a little larger and it went on fine. The rest of the install was mostly plug and play. But again, they don't know what you plan to connect it to. I just used the bolts from the stock cat's and it worked great. The hardware they did send along was really nice though, so I'm sure it will get used on another project down the road. For the $, I can't complain at all. ...and maybe that kind of metal work is expected? This is the first time I've done a catback install, so maybe I should have expected it? As feedback, I don't think a set of basic instructions would be too hard to develop. It would have been a little helpful, but then again, they did recommend "professional installation" for a reason. I just wanted to learn how to do it. It was great.
Just wish I could get a Beluga Racing decal; that would be cool.

Last edited by Coon-azz; 07-23-2013 at 11:37 AM.
Coon-azz is offline   Reply With Quote