View Single Post
Old 07-23-2013, 11:25 AM   #31 (permalink)
synolimit
A True Z Fanatic

Drives: 2013 Silver 370z
synolimit has a reputation beyond reputesynolimit has a reputation beyond reputesynolimit has a reputation beyond reputesynolimit has a reputation beyond reputesynolimit has a reputation beyond reputesynolimit has a reputation beyond reputesynolimit has a reputation beyond reputesynolimit has a reputation beyond reputesynolimit has a reputation beyond reputesynolimit has a reputation beyond reputesynolimit has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by cossie1600 View Post
I don't want to say too much except I had to be towed to the gas station again. This is my third tow related to fuel starvation. I had about 6 or 7 dots on my gauge, but apparently that isn't enough for street driving. So do yourself a favor, keep the tank fill or prepare to get stranded or run over by trucks at the on ramp.
I don't get it, tank still has fuel. If the purge tank always runs dry because of the sharp turning than all you'd have to do is prime the pump a few times. Same as if you ever replaced a fuel pump before. Turn the ignition on but don't start it like 5-6 times. The pump will suck up fuel into the purge tank and fill it back up. Than you can start the car. Unless I'm missing something here! Every fuel pump I've done before is on an empty tank. When you pull everything out and dump the purge tank and swap pumps, the purge is put back in bone dry. Only way to fill it back up is fill the tank completely (which isn't possible in your garage) or prime it several times. It shouldnt be a big issue.

Last edited by synolimit; 07-23-2013 at 11:40 AM.
synolimit is offline   Reply With Quote