View Single Post
Old 07-23-2013, 04:54 AM   #45 (permalink)
MrAurora
Base Member

Drives: 09 Nismo 370z PW M6
MrAurora is just really niceMrAurora is just really niceMrAurora is just really niceMrAurora is just really niceMrAurora is just really nice

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chuck33079 View Post
It's worth seeing if the dealer is willing to install an aftermarket CSC. You'll have to buy it, but its a couple hundred bucks to know its not going to fail again. Otherwise they'll just put another plastic one in and it may fail again.
We are sharing the same thought process on this one. I already called the dealer and told them not to order the part because I am not doing this again in 40k miles. The only aftermarket one I can find is here:

ZSP 370Z Heavy Duty CSC Concentric Slave Cylinder 09+ Z34 - Nissan performance parts

And it's quite a bit more - which I am less concerned about than it's track record. While it hasn't had any failures yet according to them, it also hasn't even seen the 40k that most of us experience before it dies. That's a little concerning. I would really hate to spend three times the cost of the OEM to have it fail just like the OEM. That would be a real bummer.
MrAurora is offline   Reply With Quote