View Single Post
Old 07-22-2013, 07:15 PM   #56 (permalink)
chii370
Track Member

Drives: .
chii370 is a splendid one to beholdchii370 is a splendid one to beholdchii370 is a splendid one to beholdchii370 is a splendid one to beholdchii370 is a splendid one to beholdchii370 is a splendid one to beholdchii370 is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jordo! View Post
It is slow.

It's a bit slower that a regular Z, as a matter of fact.

If you want to whip corvettes with a Z, you'll need boost.

BTW, the Lotus is pretty slow too... Unique+fast = $$$$$.

LULED at this one. no the nismo is not slower. Ive raced countless base and sport 370z stock with my stock nismo and havent lost yet. both around a track and down a drag strip. the only ones I have issues with in the 1/4 is the damn automatics, those ARE faster but not so much around a regular course. not to turn this into a regular V nismo thread.... cough cough. Also ive owned a sport and 2 nismos...... trust me, they are faster. But its not going to compare to a C6 vette thats just silly, HP is...... similar, but torque numbers are going to make the Z feel sluggish. a stock C6 vette is what.... 400 if i remember, and they run the quarter not much faster than a Z does. read up on what HP and torque actually ARE. torque is the work an engine can do, HP is an equation of work over time. at 5252 rpm torque and hp converge, if your engine makes its peak power under this RPM band it will ALWAYS have more torque than HP, if it makes it OVER that, it will ALWAYS have more HP than torque. Its a mathematical impossibility otherwise. a more torque car will always "feel" faster, but a car with more overall HP will always get the job done faster, because again its work done over time. then weight is a factor and blah blah blah you get the picture, go look it up. its complicated. If you want that mad pull into your seat, FI your car, or get a big nasty V8 and suffer the crappy car usually attached to them as a consequence lol.
chii370 is offline   Reply With Quote