View Single Post
Old 07-22-2013, 11:21 AM   #36 (permalink)
MrAurora
Base Member

Drives: 09 Nismo 370z PW M6
MrAurora is just really niceMrAurora is just really niceMrAurora is just really niceMrAurora is just really niceMrAurora is just really nice

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheGreatOne View Post
Were you guys completely not able to drive? (read one guy was on a flat bed)

When mine started happening it was intermitent, so sometimes I was pulling the clutch up with my left foot, did this for a week or so...which I'm sure wasn't advised.

Oh and my dealership replaced mine at no cost
I was mr. flatbed. It started a few weeks ago with losing clutch pressure slowly. after some trial and error i found the cause to be one scenario. driving withought shifting. like being in traffic, stuck in third, with no reason to shift. just putting along. or the highway cruising in 6th - same thing. if i drive around town it appears mostly fine as long as you keep shifting. Then about 2 weeks ago I was on the highway and started losing pressure fast. i was able to pump it up a few times then I had the pedal go to the floor and that was that. Couldn't get anything back. Stuck in 6th gear. Made it into a commuter lot and after checking everything, had to call a wrecker. The tow company is also a mechanical shop and they diagnosed it as the master cylinder failure. if i had them do it, it was a little cheaper and waved half the tow. i knew the master was out of warranty so i had them do it. i got my clutch back but the source issue was still there - the slowly losing pressure. Assumed the slave was covered under powertrain so i brought it to the dealer on saturday and you know where i am at right now.
MrAurora is offline   Reply With Quote