View Single Post
Old 10-17-2009, 10:04 PM   #12 (permalink)
Dwight Frye
Enthusiast Member

Drives: '09 Tour/Sport/6MT
Dwight Frye will become famous soon enough

Meguiars is without a doubt good stuff, but as far as winning all of the Pebble Beach Concours awards, you have to take into consideration that most if not all of the cars there are not daily drivers, and do not have modern factory applied paint with clear coats. The type of paints used on multi-thousand dollar paint jobs or even on original finish cars made 10-20 years ago or longer is very different that the paints used today.
I used Zaino with excellent results on my G35 Coupe that I owned for 5 years since new, and decided to carry on with my new 370Z. Zaino products are expensive and labor intensive but if those two factors are not important, I think you'll be pleased. Follow the instructions on the Zaino website religiously. Wash your car with Dawn to remove any factory or dealer applied wax. Clay bar the surface, and wash again with Dawn, although not in as high of a concentration. I applied 2 coats of the Z2 with ZFX accelerator the first time, and then about 2 weeks later washed the car with Meguiars Gold car wash, and applied 2 more coats of Z2/ZFX. I get a lot of comments about how good it looks and bugs and pollen wipe right off. Even bird crap comes right off with a few spritzes of quick detailer of your choice and a microfiber towel. Again, if you don't mind spending the bucks and the better part of a day for the first time Dawn wash/clay bar/wash/apply Z2 w/ZFX, wipe off/apply another coat of Z2 w/ZFX, wipe off, and finish with Z6 or Z8, you'll be happy with the results. After the initial treatment, reapply the Z2 about twice a year like you would any other wax and obviously the labor involved will be much less than the initial treatment is on a new car. Otherwise, the Meguiars NXT is highly regarded and not as labor intensive. I would still recommend a Dawn wash & clay bar treatment with any new car, regardless of the type of wax or sealant you end up with.

Last edited by Dwight Frye; 10-17-2009 at 10:12 PM.
Dwight Frye is offline   Reply With Quote