View Single Post
Old 07-21-2013, 09:12 AM   #40 (permalink)
KcL@AOI
Base Member

Drives: '10 370z Nismo #0071
KcL@AOI is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by darli328 View Post
Do you have any experience with removing the tail light? Can you access the area in question from there? Seems kind of far, maybe 2 or more feet away.
Yea when there is a crease that sharp on the body line its pointless to glue pull, cause your gonna risk pinching the dent shut and thats gonna make it even harder to get out. On quarter panels theres no access unless its a bmw or mercedes cause they have secret plugs in the quarter well. Im about 99% sure that if you take out the tail light and stick a ultra thin whale tail you could easily get it out. Theres no access under trim or bumper. I would take the tailight out like i said before and stick a long ultra thin whale tail. if that doesnt work last resort is to beat the dent out. what i mean by this is to beat to the sides of the crease. of course its gonna make the dent bigger, but its also gonna make the dent less sharp. your basicly gonna make the dent more shallow and soft do you can stick a glue tab on it and pull it up. theres no way to just stick a glue tab on that sharp of a dent.

this is the company i work for, its just me and my boss.
heres the link if you want to take a look at some of our work.

Welcome to Dentmagix

heres a pic of a ultra thin whale tail.
uk/d21.html

its long so you can stick it right through the tail light hole with nothing in your way. make sure he tries with the tail light out. sometimes i get lazy myself and try and do it with the tail light in, takes twice as long and doesn't come out perfect.

Sorry for the response!
KcL@AOI is offline   Reply With Quote