View Single Post
Old 07-20-2013, 03:28 PM   #8 (permalink)
kenwood
Base Member

Drives: 2013 Nissan 370Z
kenwood is on a distinguished road
Default Update to (SES) Light

OK… So I took my new (2013) 370 Touring w/ sport / Navigation (Bose) and 7 sp AT back to my Nissan Dealer (Poway, CA) to check the codes for the SES light. What they found was the AT needed a Nissan factory upgrade re-flash in the ECU. It totally made sense. I was detecting some odd behavior in the trans in manual mode. In 4th and 5th if I let up in the throttle going down hill, the trans was dropping out of gear like it was in full auto mode. I could see it on the tach and felt it in the loss of motor back pressure breaking. BTW there’s no way you can respect the motor in the 370 and leave this AT in full auto mode all the time. You have to slap it into manual periodically just to keep the RPM above 2k or the motor will just lope along. I guess the ECU is just trying to save fuel (who cares!) In any event, playing with AT in this car is half the fun. I had a 350Z for 10 yrs w/ the 6 sp MT and the AT on the 370 is a lot more “fun”. (If you looking for a very legit Nissan dealer, the Mossy guys in Poway, CA are that. They totally fixed my issue and detailed my 370 before they returned it to me. (Good Guys)…
kenwood is offline   Reply With Quote