Thread: Kansas City
View Single Post
Old 07-20-2013, 12:17 PM   #1974 (permalink)
aCoul82
Base Member

Drives: 40th Ann. build #559
aCoul82 is on a distinguished road

Ugh...well I completely blew the sandwich adapter/oil filter off my oil cooler driving last night. Heard a pop and got the indicator light 2 seconds later. Had to have a tow and got it setup back to factory now. Going to try to go find the part today... hoping its on the side of the road somewhere visible and not crushed

edit: false alarm on "blowing the sandwich plate off". I had it towed to Nissan and they were being dramatic. Lines were all still connected to the plate and core but I guess I didn't get the adapter threaded onto the factory oil filter mount tight enough. It was separated from the oil pan with the filter still on. Naturally, Nissan would not touch the after market cooler, but they only charged me for an oil change to fill it up and fully inspect the motor which was undamaged (I pulled over and killed the engine right away). Probably calling modified by KC Monday to see if they'd take on the reconnect and check the rest of my work. Plus gonna let them put on the cats cuz I don't want to F with the demon bolts after this episode. Live and learn, still patting myself on the back for trying, since I haven't ever done anything besides an intake and cbe before on the acura.

Last edited by aCoul82; 07-20-2013 at 08:08 PM.
aCoul82 is offline   Reply With Quote