Thread: Game of Thrones
View Single Post
Old 07-20-2013, 10:16 AM   #749 (permalink)
BlackZeda
A True Z Fanatic

Drives: 19 Audi TT RS
BlackZeda has a reputation beyond reputeBlackZeda has a reputation beyond reputeBlackZeda has a reputation beyond reputeBlackZeda has a reputation beyond reputeBlackZeda has a reputation beyond reputeBlackZeda has a reputation beyond reputeBlackZeda has a reputation beyond reputeBlackZeda has a reputation beyond reputeBlackZeda has a reputation beyond reputeBlackZeda has a reputation beyond reputeBlackZeda has a reputation beyond repute

So I just finished A Dance with Dragons (which I call "A Feast for Crows Part 2) and have to say that it gets a solid 3 out of 5 stars. I still love the characters and the story, but the approach he took with AFFC and ADWD is both unfortunate and concerning; the first three books had great characters and story arcs that interwove in such a way that it always kept your interest. The last two books diverged from that only concentrating on a few characters making you wonder what was going on with your other favorites in an unsatisfying way.

The good news is that the show will probably condense and merge the storylines.

I wish GRRM would get it together and get the next book out!

In the meantime I started another fantasy book series: The Kingkiller Chronicle by Patrick Rothfuss.
BlackZeda is offline   Reply With Quote