View Single Post
Old 07-19-2013, 10:42 AM   #11 (permalink)
kenchan
A True Z Fanatic

Drives: N/A
kenchan has a reputation beyond reputekenchan has a reputation beyond reputekenchan has a reputation beyond reputekenchan has a reputation beyond reputekenchan has a reputation beyond reputekenchan has a reputation beyond reputekenchan has a reputation beyond reputekenchan has a reputation beyond reputekenchan has a reputation beyond reputekenchan has a reputation beyond reputekenchan has a reputation beyond repute

yep. from my experience, i saw that the metals on the undercarriage age about 3x as fast if driven in the salty winter vs hibernating. honestly i made the mistake of driving my G in the winter thinking i'd retire her last year. i should not have done it since i decided to keep her longer.

also clearbra the front bumper. the salt bits and other kickup makes tiny chips.

it is a good idea to wash the under carriage in the Spring and touch up the metals with black enamel. also cleaning the rust off the bolt heads using a soft wire brush, and putting a light coat of WD40 on them (wipe on, not spray on as it could loosen) will make the bolts last A LOT longer.
kenchan is offline   Reply With Quote