View Single Post
Old 10-17-2009, 06:32 PM   #15 (permalink)
pg6speed
Base Member

Drives: 10 Armada
pg6speed is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigaudiofanat View Post
I will admit your skills are were mine should be in about another year. Well done, just curious of 2 things. Why did you put the fuse block so far away from the batter and also not were it should be in the engine bay before it goes in the firewall? Also why 2 subs and why facing forward?
The fuse holder that I had was to big to fit anywhere around the battery comfortably. As I understand it the reason for placing the fuse close to the battery is for safety in case the power wire should be cut our pinched inadvertently, there is no electrical difference between mounting it 8" away or 24" away. Having said that there is not anything between the fuse holder and the battery that can cut or pinch the power wire to ground it out so it is safe where it is.

As for the subs they're kind of an experiment. I've never run 8's before and wanted to try it. I also wanted to try them in the spots behind the seats because no one has done it. There is enough power in the amp to run another sub such as a 12" if I choose to and I can run the 8's as mid bass.
pg6speed is offline   Reply With Quote