View Single Post
Old 07-19-2013, 06:00 AM   #14 (permalink)
spearfish25
A True Z Fanatic

Drives: to work
spearfish25 has a reputation beyond reputespearfish25 has a reputation beyond reputespearfish25 has a reputation beyond reputespearfish25 has a reputation beyond reputespearfish25 has a reputation beyond reputespearfish25 has a reputation beyond reputespearfish25 has a reputation beyond reputespearfish25 has a reputation beyond reputespearfish25 has a reputation beyond reputespearfish25 has a reputation beyond reputespearfish25 has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via AIM to spearfish25

Glad to hear you're loving autox! The RE-11s are great tires and an improvement from the stockers. 265/35/19 and 285/35/19 will work well and fit fine. That's the exact size I ran. While people like square setups for less understeer I found the only understeer I got with those was driver induced if I cooked a corner. They also wear well and are reasonable as a daily driver.

For really competitive autox, the direzzas and rs3s are the gold standard for street tires. I would have tried star specs but they didn't come in 19s. Now the ZIIs are here and would be a reasonable tire to try. No idea what their wet handling is like for daily driving though. The RS3s are killer but you'll be limited on sizes and they suck in rain. I wouldn't daily drive them. The RE-11s are a safe bet for autox and daily driving at the expense of not having the latest and greatest tire technology.