View Single Post
Old 07-18-2013, 03:35 PM   #3 (permalink)
DEpointfive0
Premium Member Bitches

Drives: a lot
DEpointfive0 has a reputation beyond reputeDEpointfive0 has a reputation beyond reputeDEpointfive0 has a reputation beyond reputeDEpointfive0 has a reputation beyond reputeDEpointfive0 has a reputation beyond reputeDEpointfive0 has a reputation beyond reputeDEpointfive0 has a reputation beyond reputeDEpointfive0 has a reputation beyond reputeDEpointfive0 has a reputation beyond reputeDEpointfive0 has a reputation beyond reputeDEpointfive0 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by matcop View Post
Ok, So I know nothing about this stuff. Apparently you add it to your gas 91 or 89 Octane and its suppose to closely resemble race fuel. Supposedly bumps it to 102 Octane

My question is , is it safe. Does it work ? I know that when you go to the pump, all fuel is suppose to be 87 Octane and they put additives in it to bump the octane rating.
Kind of...

Depending on your initial octane, how much, and how much you're adding will obviously change the octane boost

It is KINDA safe, and it's the ONLY "octane booster" that ACTUALLY boosts octane.
Some people say it burns the seals, some people report that it turns your spark plugs orange... I wouldn't run it every tank, just because its REALLY cost ineffective compared to E85