View Single Post
Old 07-18-2013, 10:58 AM   #24 (permalink)
falconfixer
Track Member

Drives: Taco
falconfixer has a reputation beyond reputefalconfixer has a reputation beyond reputefalconfixer has a reputation beyond reputefalconfixer has a reputation beyond reputefalconfixer has a reputation beyond reputefalconfixer has a reputation beyond reputefalconfixer has a reputation beyond reputefalconfixer has a reputation beyond reputefalconfixer has a reputation beyond reputefalconfixer has a reputation beyond reputefalconfixer has a reputation beyond repute

I know the plugs are supposed to be good for like 100K or something asstronomical. It still might not be a bad idea to change them now. And here's why. I had a 2005 Frontier that was running like a$$ right around 70K. Figured I change out the plugs and give it a good tune up. When I pulled the wire off the #6 plug, the head was full of oil thus covering the top of the plug and wire boot in dino piss.

I googled the find and surprisingly enough, it is quite common among Nissans in general. A lot of hits on Frontiers and Maximas. Sure, some go forever with no issues but it was common enough to be found on various forums. If I recall, the fix was to replace the seal on the intake plenum but it was just short of ripping the top end of the motor apart on the truck. So I cleaned it out, changed the plugs, and ran it to the dealer to trade in. (Another reason why I never buy used).

Long story short, there is a guy on here with 100K and no issues. Not a lot of folks are racking up crazy miles just yet, so who knows what quirks might surface when more of these motors get higher miles.
falconfixer is offline   Reply With Quote