View Single Post
Old 07-18-2013, 06:31 AM   #59 (permalink)
4r3s
A True Z Fanatic

Drives: Touring 370z
4r3s has a reputation beyond repute4r3s has a reputation beyond repute4r3s has a reputation beyond repute4r3s has a reputation beyond repute4r3s has a reputation beyond repute4r3s has a reputation beyond repute4r3s has a reputation beyond repute4r3s has a reputation beyond repute4r3s has a reputation beyond repute4r3s has a reputation beyond repute4r3s has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Amuse370z View Post
What RPMS do you guys normally shift up at? What speed do you downshift?

How do you take care of turning fast on a large intersection when you cannot reach for the paddles because your steering wheel is turned?
I'm in manual mode 100% of the time because I can't stand the lag of the transmission deciding what to do when I smash the gas. I used to try and switch between full auto and manual mode but I got so used to shifting and then when in auto mode I'd accidentally push it forward meaning to up shift and end up throwing the car in neutral. Not good at intersections that you need to get through quickly.

For normal driving I tend to upshift inbetween 3-5k rpms. If I'm coming to a stop I don't bother down shifting because it will automatically do that for me.

If I need to down shift for moar powa its usually between 2.5 - 4k rpms. any lower and the system may have already been in the process of down shifting resulting in two down shifts which gets interesting quickly.

the paddles are nice and long and reaching them has never been an issue. I really just tend to use the stick shift to do all my shifting though.