View Single Post
Old 07-18-2013, 01:40 AM   #14 (permalink)
Japanjay
Track Member

Drives: 09 Nissan 370z MB M6
Japanjay is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by tommyguns View Post
Any chance you've had some audio work done. I had the same problem on the drivers side, after looking under the hood, I noticed that the wire that feeds power from the battery to the amp was pulled through the side of a grommet in the firewall Had to silicone it, which took care of the problem.
Same **** happened to me. Previous owner had a small system with the power wire fed through same grommet. But these tards that installed just made a hole in the grommet, grommet must have came loose from the whole while they were feeding, attempted to put it back in and broke one of the two clips and just left it open. Found out after a year owning it that every time I washed the car by hand it rained like a waterfall into the passenger foot well. I actually ran it through a touchless one night, first/last time, for a quick dust off and hit the road and that is how I found out. So mad. Was a major PITA to get that grommet to sit back. Now I think it is leaking through the hole they made to get the wire through. Going to go back in and rubber cement it too....
Japanjay is offline   Reply With Quote