View Single Post
Old 07-17-2013, 11:17 AM   #50 (permalink)
Chuck33079
A True Z Fanatic

Drives: 2011 370ztt
Chuck33079 has a reputation beyond reputeChuck33079 has a reputation beyond reputeChuck33079 has a reputation beyond reputeChuck33079 has a reputation beyond reputeChuck33079 has a reputation beyond reputeChuck33079 has a reputation beyond reputeChuck33079 has a reputation beyond reputeChuck33079 has a reputation beyond reputeChuck33079 has a reputation beyond reputeChuck33079 has a reputation beyond reputeChuck33079 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by ///PureSwank View Post
There is already various testimonies on this forum from people with uprev tunes that have stated their uprev tune did NOT have such a big impact on throttle lag and responsivemes as the sprint booster did. Now, their either all lying or all paid 600 dollars for bad tunes. Ill be needing a tune soon when my headers come in and according to countless testimonies across multiple forums and various owners, I think its pretty much speaks for it self. Its been well worth every single penny they spent on it.Everybody seems to love what it does. Have you tried this device? I'm just wondering.
It's not a given that a tuner is going to spend a lot of time dialing in the throttle tables. Most likely you'll have to make sure they know it's a priority for you. It's not a knock on the tuners, but the vast majority of them are spending an hour, maybe two dialing in the overall tune and not spending a great deal of time on the throttle tables.

Smooth Throttle for UpRev
There's a lot of people who have gotten their throttle dialed in very well using Uprev. You could take one of the throttle tables from there and have your tuner do something like that.

If the Sprint Booster costs $300 and only deals with artificially compressing the throttle signal vs. $600 for a full tune that adds power, adjusts the throttle tables, lets you control the fan temps, etc, I just don't see the value in the Spring Booster. You do. I'm glad you feel that your money was well spent. At the end of the day that's all that's important. I'd personally rather change the tables themselves than use a device that forces the throttle to another cell on the map.