View Single Post
Old 07-17-2013, 10:49 AM   #1966 (permalink)
saber
*chew chew chew*

Drives: WRX
saber has a reputation beyond reputesaber has a reputation beyond reputesaber has a reputation beyond reputesaber has a reputation beyond reputesaber has a reputation beyond reputesaber has a reputation beyond reputesaber has a reputation beyond reputesaber has a reputation beyond reputesaber has a reputation beyond reputesaber has a reputation beyond reputesaber has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by HKYStormFront View Post
better lenses = better pictures 99% of the time. the camera is about the features such as how good the auto focus is, how good the image processing is, the quality of the image sensor, the longevity of the shutter, the ISO noise level control, etc. megapixel itself is only really relevant when talking about printing large photos. i've printed 20x30" posters from my 12mp 5D1, my 21mp 5D2 and they look great, but my old school (canon) D60 6mp looked just fine too.
i feel a lot better about the shots i'm taking even with just a small upgrade (18-55 kit lens thrown out to pasture, replaced by a 18-200 and 35mm prime combo for low light). really wanted a 24-70 but couldn't justify the stupid cost right now.

my d5100 is doing pretty well again. just poneyed up some cash for an op/tech strap because the nikon one sucks and started hurting midway through anime expo.

魂の中にある一条の光を信じて
saber is offline   Reply With Quote