View Single Post
Old 07-16-2013, 08:29 AM   #17 (permalink)
Elan
Track Member

Drives: Airplanes
Elan has a reputation beyond reputeElan has a reputation beyond reputeElan has a reputation beyond reputeElan has a reputation beyond reputeElan has a reputation beyond reputeElan has a reputation beyond reputeElan has a reputation beyond reputeElan has a reputation beyond reputeElan has a reputation beyond reputeElan has a reputation beyond reputeElan has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by DEpointfive0 View Post
I don't understand this... If you're at 45, 7th gear, and need to go to 2nd... It will take you MUCH longer to shift yourself, than to leave the car in D and mash the pedal
Correct me if I am wrong, but I think there are two different scenarios that are being combined into one. I'd say the first is OP wants to feel the power of his car/show that Mustang who is boss. In that case, downshift ahead of time and get on it. The second scenario would be OP wants to pass a car just drivin on the highway. In that case, yes I'd leave it in D and wait 2-3 seconds for the tranny to downshift. Just how I interpreted it.
2009 370Z NISMO #477 | AAM Competition Short Tails | AAM Competition HFCs | K&N Typhoon CAI | Kenwood DPX300U | Rockford Fosgate PRIME R300-4 | Rockford Fosgate Punch P165 | Rockford Fosgate Punch P300-12 | Polk Audio db1001 | 15% Tints | GTR Start Button |
Elan is offline   Reply With Quote