View Single Post
Old 07-16-2013, 01:26 AM   #2 (permalink)
DEpointfive0
Premium Member Bitches

Drives: a lot
DEpointfive0 has a reputation beyond reputeDEpointfive0 has a reputation beyond reputeDEpointfive0 has a reputation beyond reputeDEpointfive0 has a reputation beyond reputeDEpointfive0 has a reputation beyond reputeDEpointfive0 has a reputation beyond reputeDEpointfive0 has a reputation beyond reputeDEpointfive0 has a reputation beyond reputeDEpointfive0 has a reputation beyond reputeDEpointfive0 has a reputation beyond reputeDEpointfive0 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by CSGLEON View Post
im sure this topic has been beatin like a dead horse.. but!
i kinda wish i test drove the 6MT along side my AT. anyone that drives an auto like me most likely can relate. the throttle lag when you mash the peddle is pretty bad in my opinion like a turbo is winding up. one of the reasons i bought the AT was because of reports that it is faster due to computer. so is the 6MT really responsive compared to the 7At for those who have driven both? i am now using trip more then ever even more so then the paddles. i thought the vvel was supposed to be super quick and responsive with valve lift at higher rpms. im no mechanic, but it seems you either have to mash it and get a delay but decent blast off lol. or use triptronic to get a more sporty feel but lack that MT control you need to throw the gears down.
... The only advantage in shifting times is lets say going from 6th to 3rd, otherwise the 7AT is faster...

And... Have you driven the 7AT? You have 100% the control of a manual. It keeps you in whatever gear you want