View Single Post
Old 07-15-2013, 05:16 PM   #28 (permalink)
Shotta
Enthusiast Member

Drives: 2010 370z black M6
Shotta is a name known to allShotta is a name known to allShotta is a name known to allShotta is a name known to allShotta is a name known to allShotta is a name known to all

Quote:
Originally Posted by scruffydog View Post
The smell is still pretty strong still (still stinks up the garage but took an hour instead of 15 mins). A buddy told me that I should find the Vent tube that comes out of the diff, follow it till the end, and find the residue from the vented tube. Supposedly when the diff gets overheated, it goes out of this vent tube at the top of the diff cover and kinda goes into an open space in the left rear section of the subframe next to the rear diff bushing. (which explains why when I smelled the bottom of diff case, it's not very strong, rather it's all over the place).

Wish me the best of luck, still gotta fix it myself. Turns out the mechanic didn't really do much for me. $ down the drain.
Man, I hope you get this resolved, its awful to think the diff oil vents into an area where you cant get to then you just have to live with the smell forever.