View Single Post
Old 07-15-2013, 07:27 AM   #6 (permalink)
bigaudiofanat
Car Audio Installer

Drives: 2012 Infiniti G37x
bigaudiofanat has a reputation beyond reputebigaudiofanat has a reputation beyond reputebigaudiofanat has a reputation beyond reputebigaudiofanat has a reputation beyond reputebigaudiofanat has a reputation beyond reputebigaudiofanat has a reputation beyond reputebigaudiofanat has a reputation beyond reputebigaudiofanat has a reputation beyond reputebigaudiofanat has a reputation beyond reputebigaudiofanat has a reputation beyond reputebigaudiofanat has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via AIM to bigaudiofanat Send a message via Yahoo to bigaudiofanat Send a message via Skype™ to bigaudiofanat

Quote:
Originally Posted by Inda370z View Post
I just finished an install on my 2013 as well. I got the metra harness and just removed the rear speaker pins and placed them in the spots needed for the steering wheel controls. Took me all of 10 minutes. I noticed you went with rear speakers so yeah you would of needed 2. As for the speakers, you are correct, You have to go through a solid grommet.

So for those not using rear speakers, get the metra or scosche harness and just remove the rear speaker pins from the harness and place them into slots to connect pins shown in the attached diagram. You can use a small eyeglass screwdriver to remove the pins, just insert it into the hole above the pin (when looking into the connector) this will give you a clean install with no factory wires being cut. As for ground, just run a line and create your own.

Pioneer x5500bhs and Pioneer components installed
Wish I had that diagram the other day. Thanks for the info, Actually I would not of needed the rear speaker wires because they were begin pulled directly from the kenwood harness. And what are you saying about going through a solid grommet?

We didn't want to start pulling pins so we just purchased a second one and pulled pins from that. In any case is a company tells you it will work with your vehicle you should not have to do such things. I am still in contact with them so hopefully they will fix this. Also we are not talking about the wires for steering wheel controls but wires for power an the right speaker.
https://www.facebook.com/Dynamicmobileaudio/

Last edited by bigaudiofanat; 07-17-2013 at 09:18 AM.
bigaudiofanat is offline   Reply With Quote