View Single Post
Old 07-14-2013, 11:11 PM   #1 (permalink)
fryzia23
Enthusiast Member

Drives: 2011 MB 370Z NISMO
fryzia23 has a reputation beyond reputefryzia23 has a reputation beyond reputefryzia23 has a reputation beyond reputefryzia23 has a reputation beyond reputefryzia23 has a reputation beyond reputefryzia23 has a reputation beyond reputefryzia23 has a reputation beyond reputefryzia23 has a reputation beyond reputefryzia23 has a reputation beyond reputefryzia23 has a reputation beyond reputefryzia23 has a reputation beyond repute
Default FRYZIA23 GTM stage 1.5 S/C build

So I have been dreaming of going FI since I bought the car 2 years ago, and finally I am able to do it thanks to an accident my Z was involved in. Basically my car was parked at a gym parking lot and some 19 year old rear ended it doing god knows what. I did my research and took the car to the most reputable shop that I could find. I wasn't looking to make any money at that point, just wanted the car to be repaired as best as possible. Initial estimate was $3,500 but when everything was set and done it came out to $13,000 in repairs. Body shop took their time but in the end it was worth it because they did an excellent job. My previous ARK grip exhaust was damaged so in that case insurance paid to replace it with original one. Fortunately, factory NISMO exhaust was $3,400 which went into my pocket. At that point got myself another ARK grip exhaust, UPREV, intake, upgraded my rotors, pads, powdercoated wheels, calipers and installed Z1 34 row oil cooler. Right after repairs were done, I filed a claim for diminished value. After months and months of back and forth phone calls with insurance company of the other driver, they agreed to send my way a $6,500 check.

So after convincing myself that it was meant to be, here I am about to add boost to my Z. This is my highest HP car I ever owned so far so I absolutely cannot wait to finally install this kit!
Here's the list of parts that are already ordered and hopefully will be here by mid august. I will be installing everything myself with help of some buddies and plan to have a final tune done at R/T tuning in Lansdale, PA.

GTM stage 1.5 turn key s/c kit with 88mm pulley
GTM Vented fender liner
GTM supplemental 25 row oil cooler kit with remote thermostatic plate
HKS spark plugs
Fast Intentions exhaust with 18 inch resonators and carbon fiber mufflers #777
Fast Intentions resonated test pipes

Still to order:
These gauges will be installed in place of the 3 stock gauges:
DEFI boost, oil temp red racer gauges and INNOVATE red AFR gauge
AEM oil pressure gauge with audible warning. Will install this one in center console hidden behind cubby door. I'm hoping audible warning will be enough to alert me if the oil pressure drops too low.
AAM oil pan spacer
7.5 SPAL fan for oil cooler with temp switch.

Will also do:
Black out the inside of headlights
Tint taillights
Blackout emblems

Possible but not priority. Depends if the funds are available.
Powdercoat intake piping black and anodize intercooler black. Looking for that sleeper look
MISHIMOTO or CSF radiator still not decided on which one yet but leaning towards MISHIMOTO due to thicker core

Heres how my car looks like so far
Attached Images
File Type: jpg fresh tints.jpg (166.7 KB, 148 views)

Last edited by fryzia23; 07-21-2013 at 08:23 PM.
fryzia23 is offline   Reply With Quote