View Single Post
Old 07-14-2013, 10:20 AM   #19 (permalink)
chii370
Track Member

Drives: .
chii370 is a splendid one to beholdchii370 is a splendid one to beholdchii370 is a splendid one to beholdchii370 is a splendid one to beholdchii370 is a splendid one to beholdchii370 is a splendid one to beholdchii370 is a splendid one to behold

going to second a question that was asked and not answered. I took note that the fast intentions car put in the OS GENKI LSD which im pretty sure is 10X better than that garbage nissan tossed in stock. Ive even had friends tell me as im doing a sprint burnout before a drag "since the Z wont sit and spin LUL" one tire starts to smoke before the other. Clear indication to anyone whos not an idiot that off the line your getting all your initial traction from ONE TIRE before the fluid in the viscus rear can spin the other side. its the laziest cheapest way to make a LSD in human history and only has one advantage, as long as you dont overheat them they pretty much last forever. So i would say, LSD is a HUGE factor in going FI only if your going from a dig. making a drag car? get a 1.5 or a 2 locking LSD. doing ANYTHING ELSE? dont bother, because after both wheels are spinning at relitivly the same speed aka not from a dead stop, the car does a pretty decent job at putting power down to both of them. so from a roll there would be no difference between a locking, and a viscus on an FI car. Also, look into the dynamics of how turning affects a car, one wheel spins faster than the other from inside to the outside of the car. Having a locking rear isnt always a good thing. Thats why they are used in drift cars.

Last edited by chii370; 07-14-2013 at 10:35 AM.
chii370 is offline   Reply With Quote