Thread: wstar's Journal
View Single Post
Old 07-13-2013, 09:10 PM   #590 (permalink)
travisjb
A True Z Fanatic

Drives: VIR
travisjb has a reputation beyond reputetravisjb has a reputation beyond reputetravisjb has a reputation beyond reputetravisjb has a reputation beyond reputetravisjb has a reputation beyond reputetravisjb has a reputation beyond reputetravisjb has a reputation beyond reputetravisjb has a reputation beyond reputetravisjb has a reputation beyond reputetravisjb has a reputation beyond reputetravisjb has a reputation beyond repute

cool... you're doing well behind the wheel

not disabling the nats finally caught up with me so you're right to get that squared away now. also will want to remember my big mistake back in '09, label the hell out of your factory wiring harness before you cut any wires... there are so MANY wires to sort through... you probably thought of all this but ---- you'll want to decide early whether to cut the wires out right down into the clips (prob so just be careful not to damage clips). also there you'll want to do a visual of each wire on the main hardness when done to ensure you haven't cut any wires unecesarily... you'll of course want to go one step at a time as you de and re-construct your dash and test that everything is working after each step... you don't want to get to the end and have a brick and then have to trace back through all the changes... might think about replacing the steering column with something lighter. we ended up mounting the triple gauge on the bracket that holds my steering column and it lifts up/down along with the column which is nice... you also do have the option to keep the factory dash - nothing wrong with it once you get rid of all the crap behind you don't need... it's light weight and you can construct a new alum plate to go behind center piece

remember, label and tape all those wires (esp the ones you want to keep) before you cut! replacing my harness took me out of commission for nearly 3 months

last piece of advice... consider weighing the factory wiring harness... it's not much. think about whether it's worth saving 1-2 pounds for the risk of cutting into it

good luck!
2009 370Z #104
*For Sale*
travisjb is offline   Reply With Quote