View Single Post
Old 07-12-2013, 06:18 PM   #3216 (permalink)
ZCarMan
A True Z Fanatic

Drives: 09 Z34, 13 F-150
ZCarMan has a brilliant futureZCarMan has a brilliant futureZCarMan has a brilliant futureZCarMan has a brilliant futureZCarMan has a brilliant futureZCarMan has a brilliant futureZCarMan has a brilliant futureZCarMan has a brilliant futureZCarMan has a brilliant futureZCarMan has a brilliant futureZCarMan has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by m4a1mustang View Post
Jon,

Those are possible, however the '31 Chevy roadsters don't have a matching top (notice how the canvas doesn't wrap back to the back of the door) and the drums appear to be a lot bigger on the Chevy than they do on the car in question.

I think what would help the most at this point is if we knew where the photo was taken.
Here is some better photos of the 1932 Chevrolet Roadster on the left, compared with the photos of Randy's Grand Ma and another the one I showed earlier that you commented on the non-wrapping canvas. I believe that was due to whoever restored that particular 31 Roadster.

The 1932 Chevy Roadsters were changed and are easily identified by the huge vents on the side of the engine in front of the spare tire.

As you may have recognized I enjoyed this little research project as it always exposes one to some history that otherwise was unknown to me. Here is a cool video from back in the day. If you pay particular attention at the 58 second mark you'll see a 31 Roadster and then a couple of other times you'll see the 32 with its huge vents. Oddly enough, the 31 roadster has the same non-wrapping canvas as the one in the photo.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Sgcwciy0TY4

Last edited by ZCarMan; 07-12-2013 at 06:20 PM.
ZCarMan is offline   Reply With Quote