View Single Post
Old 07-12-2013, 11:09 AM   #50 (permalink)
Mishimoto
Base Member

Drives: 370Z
Mishimoto is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by 370zrider View Post
I think Mishimotos' won't fit with an intercooler + oilcooler
Quote:
Originally Posted by LafitteZ View Post
The turbo intercoolers bolt to the location where the front crash bar usually is. There's tons of room between the intercooler and radiator. The sc guys don't have much room.
Hey guys,

We have tested our aluminum radiator with our direct fit oil cooler and fitment is perfect with no modification necessary. Our aluminum radiator is significantly thicker than the stock unit which may bring about questions regarding intercooler fitment. I spoke with our engineers and the Mishimoto radiator is expanded both frontward and backward in the car. This radiator adds 20mm to the front face of the radiator towards the front bumper. This means from the front of our radiator/AC condenser assembly to the end of the lower radiator support is around 50mm. This leaves around 4 inches of space between the A/C condenser and the back side of the bumper support beam.

If you are utilizing a front mount intercooler that is mounted in front of the crash beam then fitment should not be a problem at all. We have not tested fitment with an intercooler behind the crash beam so we are unable to confirm fitment. This really depends on the thickness of the cooler. If you would like to send me the specs of your intercooler I would be happy to compare this to our drawings and see if we can come to a conclusion. Being able to fit all Mishimoto cooling components and an intercooler really depends on the intercooler size and its mounting points. I would be happy to help with any specific questions, feel free to shoot me a PM.

Thanks!