View Single Post
Old 07-12-2013, 03:21 AM   #6 (permalink)
Magic Bus
A True Z Fanatic

Drives: 17 6MT M2
Magic Bus has a reputation beyond reputeMagic Bus has a reputation beyond reputeMagic Bus has a reputation beyond reputeMagic Bus has a reputation beyond reputeMagic Bus has a reputation beyond reputeMagic Bus has a reputation beyond reputeMagic Bus has a reputation beyond reputeMagic Bus has a reputation beyond reputeMagic Bus has a reputation beyond reputeMagic Bus has a reputation beyond reputeMagic Bus has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Haboob View Post
I have one in the same area.

Wonder how much it costs to get this done? I've never had it done before.
The guy who did mine charged me $75 per ding (and came to my home), I had 2 bad ones.

He could reach one with his special rods. The other one, he said he could attempt to drill inside the rear wheel well so the plug wont be seen, but wasn't sure he could reach it even if he did that and I'd have to remove the tire also.

Option 2 was to use the glue method (I posted sticky tape in my earlier post but it was a glue). He places the glue in the ding, then places a tool (actually several different sizes, that I can't describe) on the glue and pulls it gently. He did this several times and just like magic, the dent was gone. The danger to this method is the paint may come off if the glue is too strong and he pulls too hard. However, the guy I had was very experienced, steady handed and not in any rush when pulling. I was very happy with the job.

I did go to two shops to get quotes that did paintless dent repairs but wanted $125 per ding. Hope this helps.
Magic Bus is offline   Reply With Quote