View Single Post
Old 07-11-2013, 01:23 PM   #17 (permalink)
phunk
A True Z Fanatic

Drives: 370
phunk has a reputation beyond reputephunk has a reputation beyond reputephunk has a reputation beyond reputephunk has a reputation beyond reputephunk has a reputation beyond reputephunk has a reputation beyond reputephunk has a reputation beyond reputephunk has a reputation beyond reputephunk has a reputation beyond reputephunk has a reputation beyond reputephunk has a reputation beyond repute

The combo on my car in good, but it needs works. I dont think that it would make you happy for your application, without some refinement.

VS the 305/30/19 Toyo R888 I was running before, this combination has resolved my issues of spinning the tires through 2nd and 3rd or occasionally 4th.

However, this has not allowed me to REALLY launch the car yet. The other day I was out practicing, and I still cannot get the car to 60' real hard. I think that I have to get closer to zero camber still... when I launch the car and it squats, the tires must just camber in too much. I wasnt heating the tires up yet, but I could just feel that the car couldnt pull as hard as when it doesnt squat as much, meaning my contact patch was sucking hard.

This launch of course is occurring outside of any of my HP gains from boost. Then coming out of a just barely bogged launch, by 5000rpm the tires start roasting again.

So what I have found is that gears 3-6 I have 100% traction now. Second gear is USUALLY great. There have been only 2 instances where my car caught me off guard and lit up 2nd gear on grooved concrete since I put this combo on.

What I am getting at though, is that while this combo has solved a lot of the issues I was having... I dont think anything it solved is a problem on a NA 370z. I think that the NA 370z who goes to a drag racing setup is mostly just worried about the launch... and the dead stop launch with my combo still needs work.

edit: or perhaps i still need to practice some more and heat them up before i say for sure... but at this point I have not yet been able to get my car to launch hard.

Last edited by phunk; 07-11-2013 at 01:25 PM.
phunk is offline   Reply With Quote