View Single Post
Old 07-11-2013, 10:58 AM   #1 (permalink)
KORRUPT
Base Member

Drives: 09 MB 370Z
KORRUPT will become famous soon enoughKORRUPT will become famous soon enough
Default First time gravity bleed with pads and rotors

So I changed out the pads and rotors on the 09 yesterday. Seems the previous owner must have never touched them because man everything was ridiculously hard to get off. I would have also preferred if a couple of the caliper bolts were a little easier to get at but hey what can you do.

I installed the Stoptech slotted sport rotors with their street pads and tried a gravity bleed for the first time after seeing some posts by baer383 and spohn , although controversial. I have to say that this was probably the easiest brake bleed I have ever done and alone I may add. I only had two buckets so I started with the rear. I popped the buckets under the wheels and opened the bleeders, out comes the old fluid so I figured good start. I was refilling with ate super blue so I just kept adding fluid to the master to keep it topped up, once I saw the blue ate fluid coming out of the bleeders I closed them up and switched to the front. While the front was bleeding I took the time to rinse the rear calipers and clean them up nice. Front bleed was same process but took a lot less time obviously, cleaned them up and put everything back together. I then took the car for a drive and no problems at all, good brake feel no pedal issues whatsoever. I know some on here don't like the gravity bleed method but I figured I would put down my experience with it for those that may be wanting to try it but aren't sure. I will definitely do it this way from now on. I'll post some pics when I get home later and give my review of the brakes after I bed them properly tonight.