View Single Post
Old 07-10-2013, 04:51 PM   #35 (permalink)
dougcsd
Base Member

Drives: 2010 370Z Rd Touring
dougcsd is on a distinguished road

Had my entire convertible top replaced last year (hydraulic failure), and have had this rattle ever since. Took my car in to the dealer 3 times for this problem, and they were never able to fix it. Even got a couple of attempted (that is normal) comments, which I quickly shot down. The squeaking and rattling were driving me nuts. Guess I should have realized that the reason the tonneau cover had to be re-aligned was because the caps on the adjustment screws had been lost when the new top was installed. Anyways, long story short, I came across this thread, and took the picture posted by Mize to the dealer and showed them that both of mine were missing. They had the parts for me in one day. Popped them on, and not a squeak or rattle since. The top actually closes quietly now (no big bang when it sets down). Will have them re-align the tonneau cover (now it is too high in back) next week, but enjoying the peace and quiet. For anyone what wants to just order the part and fix this themselves, I managed to keep the baggies the parts came in. This is a part shared by the 350Z, 370Z, & GTR, so I think it will be available for a while.

Nissan Part #84410-AL520

They are about $2 each on the internet, so it is a nice cheap fix.

Thanks to the people who figured this one out.

Doug
dougcsd is offline   Reply With Quote