View Single Post
Old 07-10-2013, 01:56 PM   #226 (permalink)
ImportConvert
A True Z Fanatic

Drives: 2019 CX5 GT Reserve
ImportConvert has a reputation beyond reputeImportConvert has a reputation beyond reputeImportConvert has a reputation beyond reputeImportConvert has a reputation beyond reputeImportConvert has a reputation beyond reputeImportConvert has a reputation beyond reputeImportConvert has a reputation beyond reputeImportConvert has a reputation beyond reputeImportConvert has a reputation beyond reputeImportConvert has a reputation beyond reputeImportConvert has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sh0velMan View Post
HPS, Carbotech anything, or yes, $300 "race" pads.

Or you can just not abuse the stock ones... There is no other reason you would go through a set of pads in normal driving, seriously. I didn't. Both the front and rear had the same 8mm on them after over 20,000 miles. After that emergency deceleration, did you give the brakes several minutes to come back down in temp before you stopped the car? Yes, but they were shaking already. As soon as that happened. I never stopped, and I noticed when slowing for an exit ramp later on the same freeway that they shook.If you didn't, you probably stuck the pads to the rotors and then a few days later you started getting the bumpy pedal. This is why I hate hate hate ceramic/organic pads.

The ONLY ones that I haven't had go bumpy on me is HPS, I have those on my DD and dislike how they destroy rotors faster than I think they should, but have to live with it so I don't get the bumps.

Anyway, good luck!
Answers in red. There is more going on here. I had ceramic pads on my G20 and I got them WAY! hotter than on my 370Z. I've never smelled or seen smoke on my 370'z pads. The G20? Got them popping and smoking when I first put them on. I broke the one's on my G20 in driving hard in the Arkansas mountains, never an issue in the 30K miles I owned it after that.
ImportConvert is offline   Reply With Quote