View Single Post
Old 07-10-2013, 12:07 PM   #9 (permalink)
Amj2020
Enthusiast Member

Drives: MB Z,Jeep,BMW
Amj2020 is on a distinguished road

Lawyer up!

But seriously, if this did go through your insurance you do still have recourse. They have to hold the body shop accountable for shoddy work and especially for the joyriding (which is impossible to prove) but you can use it as leverage perhaps your insurance can use when dealing with the body shop. At this point I would utilize any help you can get through your insurance to right the wrongs that were done.

Its true the worst thing that you did was take that car without a proper inspection from the shop post work. I had this happen when I had a transformer explode and shower my glass roof maxima with molten lead. IT cracked every single window pane on the car. The shop did a horrible job, the sunroof didnt open, it was just a junk job. I refused to take the car and called my insurance company. They had a rep there to deal with it for me on my behalf and the wrongs were corrected...

Good luck and try not to stress too much. Its just a car and can be fixed, good thing no one was hurt. All of life is a learning experience, and now you are better prepared for the future!
Amj2020 is offline   Reply With Quote