View Single Post
Old 07-10-2013, 10:34 AM   #825 (permalink)
UNKNOWN_370
A True Z Fanatic

Drives: well over 130m.p.h.
UNKNOWN_370 has a reputation beyond reputeUNKNOWN_370 has a reputation beyond reputeUNKNOWN_370 has a reputation beyond reputeUNKNOWN_370 has a reputation beyond reputeUNKNOWN_370 has a reputation beyond reputeUNKNOWN_370 has a reputation beyond reputeUNKNOWN_370 has a reputation beyond reputeUNKNOWN_370 has a reputation beyond reputeUNKNOWN_370 has a reputation beyond reputeUNKNOWN_370 has a reputation beyond reputeUNKNOWN_370 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by speedfreek View Post
Some of you are using logic and some are not. What Red_Zed is saying is you are basing one off of real world numbers and the other you are pulling from the invoice. So that 30mpg on the invoice for the c7 can very well be 32mpg real world. Just as the c6 was 26mpg on the invoice but you say you averaged 28mpg. Either that or the rental you had was a special build. In the end its a sports car they can only do so much on the gas mileage.
I don't know about special build, but its flat road going to amarillo and with a vette on cruise on a spring day we achieved around 28 mpg's.

Reds point is useless because he's building on a statement I made, which was you could squeeze up to 28mpg. I once had a monte carlo SS and i squeezed out more than 2 miles over the average on the highway. On highway i averaged 6 miles over the invoiced 28 highway. Which was phenomenal for a 5.3L v8 in 2006. I was able to squeeze 34mpg out of that one going to FL.
You're defense of Reds comment and Red's comment are both irrelevant to my point. So did i have a special SS???