View Single Post
Old 07-08-2013, 07:31 PM   #53 (permalink)
metalmynx
Base Member

Drives: 13 370Z Sport RED!
metalmynx is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by 11Thumper View Post
Something doesn't quite sound right. How much $ are you putting down on the lease? The dealer isn't going to do something they won't make $ on. In this case they seem like they're making $ on you twice (used car sale + new lease).

Sounds like you might have already pulled the trigger but if you're still "trying it out" then why jump into another lease? Either you know by now or you don't but another lease doesn't make any sense at all.
0 down on this lease, the new lease is $100 a month cheaper than the old lease and I still had two years to go on the old one. So I saved $2400 and I guess they make money by keeping me in a Z for an extra year. Definitely less of a monthly payment than buying too. I don't mind buying a car when I can run it into the ground, but with an expensive car when it starts to have issues it costs $$$$$ to fix, and I just don't have the talent to DIY!

I did have to negotiate the payment down and I know for sure I did a bad job of negotiating and researching the first time around. For me though, it was worth it to get a new cheaper three year lease to replace the two years I had left to go.
metalmynx is offline   Reply With Quote