View Single Post
Old 07-08-2013, 08:56 AM   #3 (permalink)
Chuck33079
A True Z Fanatic

Drives: 2011 370ztt
Chuck33079 has a reputation beyond reputeChuck33079 has a reputation beyond reputeChuck33079 has a reputation beyond reputeChuck33079 has a reputation beyond reputeChuck33079 has a reputation beyond reputeChuck33079 has a reputation beyond reputeChuck33079 has a reputation beyond reputeChuck33079 has a reputation beyond reputeChuck33079 has a reputation beyond reputeChuck33079 has a reputation beyond reputeChuck33079 has a reputation beyond repute

There's two feral (maybe just stray) cats that live under my house and the neighbors. We're up on pier and beam foundations, so there's really no way to prevent that. One of them was actually born under my house. That will wake you up in a hurry in the middle of the night when there's a cat giving birth under your bedroom. We're on somewhat good terms- I don't mess with them, they don't mess with me. The only problem is one of them got a major case of fleas, and likes to sleep on my patio furniture. My gf and I were getting eaten up by those little bastards.

The city told me my only option was to trap them and bring them to the humane society. If I was going to trap them, I'd take them to the vet myself and keep them as outside cats. I'm just unwilling to deal with a trap with a royally pissed off flea covered cat in it in my car. I've tried peeing all over the property to mark my territory (usually after copious quantities of alcohol) but they seem to be laughing at me. I'm out of ideas that don't involve an "accidental" spill of antifreeze.