Thread: [WANTED] Open Diff
View Single Post
Old 07-07-2013, 11:43 PM   #14 (permalink)
chrischhorn
A True Z Fanatic

Drives: 2014 Juke Nismo RS
chrischhorn is a splendid one to beholdchrischhorn is a splendid one to beholdchrischhorn is a splendid one to beholdchrischhorn is a splendid one to beholdchrischhorn is a splendid one to beholdchrischhorn is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Originally Posted by Daishi9000 View Post
so he now said the Quaife was ok and that the gears are to blame.
Now i'm worst than when i started, with an open diff making noises.
Im in the same situation with my current diff too. I had a shop install my Quaife LSD and my 4.08 gear swap. Got my first setup and everything seemed good. after about 400 miles it started to whine, took it back and they said the gears were trashed. Just installed another set of gears again with the Quaife and now the backlash is off and only whines on deceleration. Only 4 miles on it so taking it back to them tomorrow and no damage should be done. When I drained the fluid today for the swap, there were no metal shavings so thats a good sign. I did buy a donor diff to start though so my car hasn't had any down time as I still have the OEM one to swap in and out but 2 hours to swap each time and $60 worth of gear oil every swap is annoying. 1 more shot tomorrow and let's hope this is it for me.....

R.I.P. 8/01/13 1SlowZ
One day I'll have another....
chrischhorn is offline   Reply With Quote