View Single Post
Old 07-07-2013, 10:06 AM   #34 (permalink)
LafitteZ
Track Member

Drives: 40th anniversary
LafitteZ will become famous soon enough

Any of these radiators will be sufficient. I personally have a csf radiator and its been great for me. I think mishimoto is trying to step there game up a bit with there new stuff. It will be good for there business for sure. As for a NA car you could probably get away with a big oil cooler but why take the chance and run your stuff hot like that. It will begin premature wearing of parts. No reason for these cars to be in 230s to 240s. Especially not when we have good solid options like we have. Also if you have a automatic z the radiator is also your transmission cooler so you def want that to be cool. Now when it comes to boosted cars. Most of is are running gtms turbo kit or some variation of it. So you have coolant and oil passing thru the turbos only to return to the radiator and oil pan. You strap on a oil cooler that takes car of that but that also blocks some airflow to the radiator and adds heat directly in front of the radiator. Also add the 3 inch thick intercooler right behind the bumper inlet and the heat that thing will generate under boost so it's easy to tell how overwhelmed and stressed the oem radiator is. Add a good radiator with a NA or boosted setup and your engine will love you. Your ac will be much colder, oil temps colder, I've even seen under hood temps go down. Trust me is down south know what it's like to be hot and humid 80 percent of the year. Chicago is nothing next to New Orleans or cities in Texas Florida ect ect.
LafitteZ is offline   Reply With Quote