View Single Post
Old 07-07-2013, 09:57 AM   #1 (permalink)
scruffydog
A True Z Fanatic

Drives: with his eyes close
scruffydog has a reputation beyond reputescruffydog has a reputation beyond reputescruffydog has a reputation beyond reputescruffydog has a reputation beyond reputescruffydog has a reputation beyond reputescruffydog has a reputation beyond reputescruffydog has a reputation beyond reputescruffydog has a reputation beyond reputescruffydog has a reputation beyond reputescruffydog has a reputation beyond reputescruffydog has a reputation beyond repute
Angry Help? Very bad Odor after Track

My car just came back from track at Thunderhill. It was 110 degrees but nothing bad happened there aside from hitting Fuel Starvation twice.

It's been a week and my car still smells really really bad - if I park my car in the garage it would instantly stink up the whole room in less than 15 mins.

Initially I thought it smelled like brake fluid mixed with differential fluid. I took it to the dealership and they thought it wasn't any kind of fluid they recognized and thought it smelled more like a dead otter.

I can smell it in the interior, and more obvious if i use the vents from circulating from outside. So it's been several of days, I've washed my car, engine bay and outside. I initially thought it was the GT Mat I installed in the trunk melting but it doesn't seem like it's the car. I still cannot pin point exactly where it is - it seems like it's coming from the rear but that's all I know. So frustrating. No fluid leak, now it smells more like fuel mixed with something.

I started taking stuff apart...it seems like it's coming from the rear passenger side exterior near this area.

Can't be sure though, anyone with this experience? What's this part? could it be from this unit?

My guess so far is:
-it's not from the GT Mat (I'm gonna rip it out just to be sure, but I'm very sure it's not it since I got the Onyx which supposedly said no odor).
-It doesn't seem like it's from the engine bay, I've swapped out the Test Pipe with my Berk HFC (doesn't seem to be related to that).
-Not from Brake pads nor Rotors since I've swapped those back out to stock, smell still very very strong.
-There's no fluid leak from brakes nor clutch. Car still drivable.
-There's no coolant leak, no engine oil leak.

Could it be related to fuel starvation? Like my fuel pump broke? Please help guys, I'm taking this car apart and cannot identify the problem. I will most likely bring the car into a Z car mechanic but I would at least want to help identifying where the smell is coming from so I don't get charge up the @$$. Thanks!