View Single Post
Old 10-16-2009, 04:05 PM   #33 (permalink)
teejnut
Base Member

Drives: 09 Z34 Sport/6MT
teejnut is on a distinguished road
Send a message via AIM to teejnut

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2fast4thelaw View Post
I know Big A is not a big JL Audio fan and thats ok, but I think JL is a great option with your budget. The G series amps by JL are a great value and are excellent amplifiers for the money.

I think the IDQ12 is a great sub and 250 watts is PLENTY! of power. This sub is pretty legendary and it will make you one happy camper! The Alpine MRP amps are very reliable but not the most dynamic amps. I think you would be happier with the JL G4500, its a better amp! However, Alpine PDX 4.100 would be even better and its more efficient! However, add another $100.00 to the budget.

Here is another tip that will save you some cash. For amp wire, go to a Welding shop and buy some 4 or 2 GA Welding Cable! Its premium grade with the small strands and its pure OFC Copper and its half the price of Car Audio wire. (Most Car Audio wire nowdays is Copper Coated Aluminum)

BTW, If you were happy with the stock system in your Lexus, this system is going to Rape your ears!
Thanks for the tips! Yea I'm sure it'll sound better then my Lexus. This is the first time trying components and a real sub out.
teejnut is offline   Reply With Quote