View Single Post
Old 07-06-2013, 08:29 AM   #2600 (permalink)
Huck
A True Z Fanatic

Drives: Pantydropper machine
Huck has a reputation beyond reputeHuck has a reputation beyond reputeHuck has a reputation beyond reputeHuck has a reputation beyond reputeHuck has a reputation beyond reputeHuck has a reputation beyond reputeHuck has a reputation beyond reputeHuck has a reputation beyond reputeHuck has a reputation beyond reputeHuck has a reputation beyond reputeHuck has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by /Angelo350Z/ View Post
So I went to the dealership to pick up my car. The exhaust looks stunning and the exhaust note is music to my ears. Upon closer inspection of the tips, I noticed that the right tip is less than the thickness of a credit card away from the bumper and the left not centered . To make a long story short, I won't get my car back until Monday. A 2 hour job is taking these guys almost 5 days. With the way things are going, I may never see my Z again.

EDIT: I don't recall the details, but I heard a "hiss" that I've never heard before, even in the FI exhaust clips. I think I only heard it whenever the RPMs dropped, after letting off the accelerator. It sounds like a leak, but I'm sure it's not. Maybe it's the VQ? I don't remember that from my 350Z though. It doesn't sound like the amplified sound of an aftermarket intake system either, because I don't have one. Must search this giant thread all over again.
At this point you sound a lot calmer than I would. I would probably demand my car back and go somewhere else to get it taken care of, and cancel the charge on your credit card to that shop. The info you're giving us is pretty unreasonable.

As to this hiss that you hear, it's totally normal. I had a little bit of it even when I had just my CBE. Now that I have headers it's extremely pronounced. I thought for a while that some of the MIG wire had gotten stuck inside the pipes somewhere and was rattling around, but after hearing a few other exhausts I've realized that it's just the VQ hiss everyone talks about.

Now I kinda like it, I've had people come up and ask me what turbos I was running lol.

I survived Zdayz 2013

(barely)
VLEDS | Evo-R | Moddiction | CF Hood Struts | F.I. CF CBE & LTH | Stillen CAI | NST Pulleys | UpRev | Z1 | M7 | Status | Forgestar | PSS | Whiteline | SPL | SPC | Kenwood | Zenclosure | Kicker | Alpine Type R
Huck is offline   Reply With Quote