View Single Post
Old 07-06-2013, 02:25 AM   #11 (permalink)
DEpointfive0
Premium Member Bitches

Drives: a lot
DEpointfive0 has a reputation beyond reputeDEpointfive0 has a reputation beyond reputeDEpointfive0 has a reputation beyond reputeDEpointfive0 has a reputation beyond reputeDEpointfive0 has a reputation beyond reputeDEpointfive0 has a reputation beyond reputeDEpointfive0 has a reputation beyond reputeDEpointfive0 has a reputation beyond reputeDEpointfive0 has a reputation beyond reputeDEpointfive0 has a reputation beyond reputeDEpointfive0 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2xtreme1 View Post
What !??! 93 for 3.76..
We get 91 for like 4.35 .....
Yeah, it's 3.65-3.80 in Houston for 93, lol

(This is HIGHLY paraphrased so you just get the gist of it)

And someone explained the octane reason in CA very well once.
It said that when gas is refined there is a "finite amount of octane" essentially.
The example is that in the South, or even the North, like Michigan, there are sooooooooo many good'ol buys that use 87 on their trucks that there is left over octane for 93 because let's say 87 sells 20:1
Where in CA, everyone and their mother has a Lexus that requires 91 or higher, so there isn't any way they can produce any higher without also producing gas that's REALLY low octane, like 85, also in CA, the sale rate of 87 to 91 is like 3:2

Hell, the rednecks here are sooooo redneck that at the border before El Paso, gas stations didn't have 91!!! It was 85, 87, 89, and when I drove through the first time I had to go to 4 gas stations in New Mexico to get 91, the highest they carried was 90.