View Single Post
Old 01-25-2009, 01:03 PM   #12 (permalink)
Minicobra1
A True Z Fanatic

Drives: 370Z Tour, Spt, 6mt
Minicobra1 has a reputation beyond reputeMinicobra1 has a reputation beyond reputeMinicobra1 has a reputation beyond reputeMinicobra1 has a reputation beyond reputeMinicobra1 has a reputation beyond reputeMinicobra1 has a reputation beyond reputeMinicobra1 has a reputation beyond reputeMinicobra1 has a reputation beyond reputeMinicobra1 has a reputation beyond reputeMinicobra1 has a reputation beyond reputeMinicobra1 has a reputation beyond repute

It could be a number of things, hard to pinpoint, may just be the design, but doesn't feel right and it sounds horrible outside the car while cruising a parking lot. If I push the clutch in really slow, it seams to eliminate or lesson it, with that considered it leads me to believe that it is some sort of drive train lash.
Could be from the tranny, driveshaft or differential. When I get some time I'm going under the car and see if there is any play in the drive shaft or diff.

I think anyone who is experiencing this should take it to the dealer, even if they say this is normal, at least Nissan will have some sort of record of customers complaining and may possibly issue a service bulletin with a fix.

Braden
Minicobra1 is offline   Reply With Quote