View Single Post
Old 07-03-2013, 06:36 PM   #5 (permalink)
phunk
A True Z Fanatic

Drives: 370
phunk has a reputation beyond reputephunk has a reputation beyond reputephunk has a reputation beyond reputephunk has a reputation beyond reputephunk has a reputation beyond reputephunk has a reputation beyond reputephunk has a reputation beyond reputephunk has a reputation beyond reputephunk has a reputation beyond reputephunk has a reputation beyond reputephunk has a reputation beyond repute

Looking at the 1/4 mile registry, it doesnt appear anyone is out there yet really showing off what these cars can do. I dont know that it will be very common at all that someone with a high power 370z ends up at the drag strip with a setup that is going to allow them to launch hard and achieve goals. At least not until someone does it first and breaks the ice.

This platform really lacks in aftermarket support.. I dont know of anyone pushing this car to its limit yet. But once somebody goes out there with a run of the mill boosted 370z with a stock engine and runs a 10 second 1/4 mile, i think there is going to be a lot of other people willing to follow their steps.... and thats when we will see the broken axles!

For me, its currently the only thing holding me back from going out and stealing the 1/4 mile record Anyone who is going to want to steal that back from me, or keep me from taking it, is going to end up needing the axles!

Most of my car I look at with a "if it aint broke dont fix it" perspective. However, when I know that its highly unlikely I will make it down the drag strip more than a couple times on my stock axles with my current power and tire setup... I see that impending failure as an experience I can live without.

These cars are so capable that its crazy that so few do anything with them! The big horsepower addition is the first step, and of course the most fun... but trust me it gets old having all this power and not being able to use it effectively.

Last edited by phunk; 07-03-2013 at 06:40 PM.
phunk is offline   Reply With Quote