View Single Post
Old 10-16-2009, 11:16 AM   #1 (permalink)
ResIpsa
Track Member

Drives: 09 RACING HEN
ResIpsa has a reputation beyond reputeResIpsa has a reputation beyond reputeResIpsa has a reputation beyond reputeResIpsa has a reputation beyond reputeResIpsa has a reputation beyond reputeResIpsa has a reputation beyond reputeResIpsa has a reputation beyond reputeResIpsa has a reputation beyond reputeResIpsa has a reputation beyond reputeResIpsa has a reputation beyond reputeResIpsa has a reputation beyond repute
Default Over-Cooling Solutions

I was hoping to start a thread for all of us with oil coolers and live in colder climates. Who would ever think that over-cooling would be an issue...

Even with my Mocal thermostatic sandwich plate I am having trouble getting my oil temps to 180 degrees. This morning was especially cold (42 degrees) so I devised a simple, if not ugly, solution.

I took some painters tape and taped up the 2nd and 3rd grill. This worked well and it was much easier to get around 175 to 180 degrees on the way to work. I imagine i will have to tape up more of the front grill as it gets colder.

Keep in mind I copied ModShack's fang cold air intake. Those with the stock setting or any intake above the radiator might start choking the air intake to the motor.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg front tape.jpg (106.8 KB, 253 views)