View Single Post
Old 07-02-2013, 09:38 AM   #280 (permalink)
JARblue
A True Z Fanatic

Drives: 11 Z34, 98 E36 M3
JARblue has a reputation beyond reputeJARblue has a reputation beyond reputeJARblue has a reputation beyond reputeJARblue has a reputation beyond reputeJARblue has a reputation beyond reputeJARblue has a reputation beyond reputeJARblue has a reputation beyond reputeJARblue has a reputation beyond reputeJARblue has a reputation beyond reputeJARblue has a reputation beyond reputeJARblue has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by MightyBobo View Post
Yeah but that is cheating, really. A common thing I find at track days at the classroom sessions, are people who are like, "yeah, I see that blue tent and that's my reference point!" - except, that tent wont be there next time.

Next time you go, the cones won't be, either. Dont get used to 'em.
I haven't been on a proper track in about 15 years, so I was perfectly happy cheating It was the Nismo Performance Academy, and a lot of the participants had never been on the track before. We spent the entire morning getting prepared to go full speed on the track in the afternoon.

I am not expecting to have the opportunity to drive COTA on any regular basis, so I was grateful for the reference points. However, if I get to drive my Z out there again, I plan to have it much more track ready (i.e. oil cooler), and hopefully get more than just a few laps. Although lots of track time is not necessarily in my future, with more seat time I would hope to get more comfortable in determining my own entry/apex/exits rather than relying on cones or an instructor. Until then I'm happy for the help

2011 370Z 6MT Sport Gun Metallic | ARC | CJM | Ecutek | FI | Fujimura | R2C | SPL | Stillen | TWM | Z1 | ZSpeed |
JARblue is offline   Reply With Quote