View Single Post
Old 07-02-2013, 04:25 AM   #198 (permalink)
ImportConvert
A True Z Fanatic

Drives: 2019 CX5 GT Reserve
ImportConvert has a reputation beyond reputeImportConvert has a reputation beyond reputeImportConvert has a reputation beyond reputeImportConvert has a reputation beyond reputeImportConvert has a reputation beyond reputeImportConvert has a reputation beyond reputeImportConvert has a reputation beyond reputeImportConvert has a reputation beyond reputeImportConvert has a reputation beyond reputeImportConvert has a reputation beyond reputeImportConvert has a reputation beyond repute

Well, I went for a test-ride yesterday with the master tech in the car datalogging brake-use. He said I did NOTHING that would cause the amount of warpage (whole car violently shakes now. Firing a 9mm Glock 19 actually feels better than holding the steering-wheel almost, it bucks so hard against you when you apply the brakes and try to turn).

I can now feel the "warp" when coming to a stop. The last 5-10 feet, the car just lurches to a halt if you gently squeeze the brakes.

Once he submitted the datalogging to Nissan, they AGAIN blamed me, even though the service manager and master tech have both told them over and over that the wear on the tires and pads regarding material loss do NOT equate to driver abuse, and the rotors show NO signs of heat other than horrible warpage.

They are forcing me to pay out of my own pocket to replace with OEM parts, the Z1 slotted rotors and Stoptech pads that the car ruined in <2,000 miles, which were put on the car at the request of the service manager.

Then the dealership will keep my car "for a few days" "to be driven by managers/master techs" to completely utterly 100% eliminate me as the problem (Tech Hot line says they have 0 instances of 2012 370Z brakes issues, and thus implies that I am the most hardcore violent driver in North America which owns a 370Z...sorry. No. I got over 17K miles out of the stock 140 treadware tires, and at 20-ishK miles, my factory pads front/rear were the same thickness...that theory don't fly with me.)

I have owned:

1988 mustang 5.0 (240whp)
1993 Crown Vic (5.4L swap)
1995 LT1 Trans Am
2001 WS.6 Trans Am
2002 Infiniti G20
2011 C6 Z06
2012 370Z

The ONLY OTHER CAR that I had which warped the rotors was the WS.6, it happened one time at 8X,XXXK miles, and after they were replaced/turned (I forget), I drove it to 149,XXX miles and sold it without another issue. None of the other cars had ANY brake-shudder issues.

So maybe Nissan needs to go back to 1988 and come to Ford with their hat in their hands and ask how to design disk brakes.

Or maybe they need to just stop trying to **** their customers in the *** and accept that maybe the car has a ******* problem.

Nissan is officially the most inept entity I have ever dealt with. If I had known that Nissan neither supported, nor cared about their products, I never would have even given them a chance to earn my business.

Last edited by ImportConvert; 07-02-2013 at 04:33 AM.
ImportConvert is offline   Reply With Quote